Vacancy – Auditor
Position: Standards and Compliance Auditor
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Type: Full time
We are looking for an experienced compliance auditor to join our niche team of industry focused auditors currently providing services to internationally recognised organisations.
The successful candidate will initially form part of the auditing team but is expected to assume the role of lead auditor following a detailed familiarisation process. This is a high profile role that will require meetings with industry experts as well as coordinating audits with participating companies internationally. Audits range in duration from 3-5 days during which, a diverse range of subjects are reviewed and qualified against a defined standard. At the end of each audit, you will be required to deliver both a verbal presentation of findings as well as a detailed written report setting out the audit findings.
Experience and qualifications will dictate the pay structure applied.
This is an exceptional opportunity to gain international auditing experience. Travel is all business class and accommodation is 4 star or equivalent
You will have a practical knowledge of management systems based upon international standards. Experience within the telecommunications industry will be advantageous as will experience of auditing manufacturing processes and controls. Logical and methodical, you will have strong time management skills and be capable of completing audits within fixed time frames.
- Ten or more years of information technology audit or other relevant experience.
- Understanding of Information Technology such as Payment Card Industry, Data Security Standard (PCI standards) SIM or scratch card manufacturing.
- Executive writing and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity with administration of Windows/Active Directory environments.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel required.
- CISA, CISM, or CISSP required; CIPP, a plus.
- Understanding of information security policies covered under ISO.
- Experience with auditing general networking controls (i.e. firewalls and remote access).
- Strong proficiency with the logical security of Windows and Linux/UNIX.
- Understanding of encryption tools.
- Understanding of general audit controls covering; risk assessment methodologies, physical security, logical security, production management, HR, disaster recovery/business continuity, project management, and application development.
- Possess a valid driver’s licence.
- Possess a valid passport.
- Ability to obtain a SAPS clearance certificate.
Candidates must possess the following attributes:
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Mental alacrity and a can-do approach to work.
- Strong team work and leadership skills.
- Able to work well in high pressure environments.
- Able to communicate at all levels and with external parties.
- Able to present and articulate in a confident manner.
- Knowledge of quality standards.
- Trustworthy professional who places extreme importance on confidentiality.
NOTE: All job offers are contingent on comprehensive screening (including polygraph), prior to selection and periodically during employment.